QBregistration.dat file basically is an installation file of QuickBooks that contains all the license number which is retrieved and validated whenever you activate QuickBooks Desktop. You may face several issues if this file gets damaged or missed. The QuickBooks Desktop won’t even open and to resolve the issue, you will have to create or re-create the qbregistration.dat file.
If you are also not able to open QuickBooks Desktop because the qbregistration.dat file is damaged then this article can be very helpful for you as we will be providing steps to create or re-create the qbregistration.dat file. You can also connect with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Service Number +1800-567-0425 if you want an instant resolution for your issues.
You can locate your QuickBooks License and Product Numbers by following the below steps:
- For a downloaded product purchased online or from a sales agent, check the purchase confirmation mail that you received from Intuit after purchasing the product.
- If you’ve installed QuickBooks using a CD then locate the brightly colored sticker on the CD envelope.
- You can also get your license and product numbers by contacting the QuickBooks Support.
If you have registered your QuickBooks software in the recent past then you can get your license number or key code with the License and Key Code Lookup tool.
If you haven’t registered your product, contact the Intuit QuickBooks Support department.
You should have a valid proof of your software purchase.
- If you’ve purchased QuickBooks Desktop or Point of Sale directly from Intuit then you need to provide the Order Number from your Intuit packing slip to the QuickBooks Customer Service The Intuit order number can be found in the Order Status page.
- If you’ve purchased QuickBooks Desktop or Point of Sale directly from a local retailer you will have to fax purchase information proof to +1800-567-0425 before calling the customer service. Include your company name and contact information on the cover sheet and fax the following information:
- Store sales receipt or invoice
- Box bottom where the UPC bar code appears
- CD holder where the license number should appear
- The front of the actual program CD
Create The QBregistration.dat File
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E
- Navigate to the folder where qbregistration.dat should be located: C:\ProgramData\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks. Quick tip: Display hidden files and folders if you do not see the folders listed.
- If the qbregistration.dat file is already there in the folder then you need to rename it to old.
- Open a Notepad.
- Open the Run command by pressing Windows + R
- Type notepad in the search field and then click OK.
- Copy the following text into the Notepad. Note: The bold red text will appear as regular text in Notepad <?xml version=”1.0″?><QBREG><QUICKBOOKSREGISTRATION><VERSION number=”xx.x”><FLAVOR name=”version”><VersionNumber></VersionNumber><InstallNumber></InstallNumber><SerialNumber></SerialNumber><RegistrationNumber></RegistrationNumber><LA>YES</LA><InstallID>000-000</InstallID><LicenseNumber>0000-0000-0000-000</LicenseNumber><QBMode1></QBMode1><QBMode2></QBMode2><QBMode>000073adbf3f</QBMode><ActivatedProduct></ActivatedProduct><NFVN></NFVN><NFLN></NFLN><NFID></NFID></FLAVOR></VERSION></QUICKBOOKSREGISTRATION></QBREG>
- After pasting the text into Notepad, replace the bold red items accordingly:xx.x
- Replace with 28.0 if you have QuickBooks Desktop 2018
- Replace with 27.0 if you have QuickBooks Desktop 2017
- Replace with 26.0 if you have QuickBooks Desktop 2016
- Replace with pro if you have QuickBooks Pro.
- Replace with superpro if you have QuickBooks Premier (not Accountant Edition).
- Replace with accountant if you have QuickBooks Premier Accountant Edition.
- Replace with bel if you have QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions (not Accountant Edition).
- Replace with belacct if you have QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions Accountant Edition.
- Replace with your QuickBooks installation product number.
- Replace with your QuickBooks license number.
|FOR MULTIPLE VERSIONS OF QUICKBOOKS INSTALLED ON ONE COMPUTER, add and extra copy of the italicized text in the qbregistration.dat file. You have to paste this copy after </VERSION>. You will also have to replace the boldface items in the new section with correct figures corresponding to every unique version of QuickBooks Desktop.|
- Save the file and name it dat.
- Go to the File menu and click on Save..
- Choose All Files in the Save as type.
- select the same folder specified in step 1 (C:\ProgramData\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks).
Reach Us For Support
This article should be helpful for you and should be able to create or recreate the qbregustration.dat file. This should help you in resolving some QuickBooks errors as well such as the QuickBooks Error 3371. In case if you are not able to create this file or you are still having the same error after creating this file then you can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-567-0425 to get an instant solution for your issues.