If you have recently started using the QuickBooks software and you don’t know how to add a new customer in QuickBooks then you have landed on the right page. In this article, we will be discussing about the steps that you can follow to add a new customer in QuickBooks. Adding a customer in your database helps you in maintaining records and other financial details. Not only this, you can also merge vendors, suppliers and customers within the QuickBooks program which makes you able to manage all the complex financial data easily.
As we all know that QuickBooks has so many interesting features that make all your accounting tasks easy. QuickBooks also allows you to track your customers that can be helpful for you and your customer also.
How To Add New Customer In QuickBooks
Follow the below mentioned steps in order to add a new customer in your QuickBooks or POS accounting program:
- Go to the Customers section and then click on Customer Centre
- Select the New Customer and Job option and then click on New Customer
- From the left pane, click on Address Info
- Enter the required details
- Copy the data for Billing Addressto the Ship To Field, if both the address are same.
- Click on the + sign if you want to add a secondary option
- Click on OK once you enter the new shipping address.
- Now head to the Payment Carefully read the terms and conditions
- Click on the Payments Terms arrow and chooses the percentage for the net amount
- You can use the Credit Limit field to restrict the amount of money that you will be extending to your customer. You can also sell to your customer easily, if they pass the threshold but that totally depends on you. The Price Level fieldallows you to set specific discount range for a limited number of customers.
- You can create a default tax rate for a specific customer through the Sales Tax field
- In the additional information, you can add Sale Person or a Type of customer.
- To enter other information for a particular job for customer, go to Job Info
- Go to the Reports menu and then select
- Go to the Customer Contact and then click on Customize report and select the area that you want to be displayed on your report
- Finally, click on OK
Contact Us For Support
By following the above steps, you will easily add a new costumer in QuickBooks. However, if you face any kind of issue during the process then you can contact the QuickBooks POS Support to get your issue resolved.
If you are looking for a quick assistance for your issues then you can also connect with getsupportnumber.com via their toll-free customer support number +1800-567-0425.