QuickBooks Error 6138, 105
QuickBooks accounting software has various error codes and issues that can occur due to multiple reasons. QuickBooks Error 6138, 105 is one such error which is a part of 6000 error series in QuickBooks and like all other 6000 errors, it is also related to the company file issues. QuickBooks Error 6138, 105 generally occurs due to the damaged or corrupted QuickBooks company data files. It can become a serious issue in the future if you do not resolve it instantly.
If you are also facing the same error and you are looking for solution of this error then you have landed on the right page as this article will provide you the process to resolve error code 6138, 105 in QuickBooks. You can also get in touch with our QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number to get instant for your issues.
What Is QuickBooks Error 6138, 105?
QuickBooks Error Code 6138, 105 is one of the most common errors in QuickBooks that generally occurs when you try to access a company file. You might be getting the error because you are opening the company file in the older or previous version of QuickBooks but they were updated to the newer version of QuickBooks. You can also face the error if you try to open the QuickBooks Payroll file in the previous or outdated version which was updated to a newer version of QuickBooks Payroll.
Main causes of QuickBooks Error 6138, 105 are as given below:
- Unstable internet connection
- Sudden power failure when the company file was opened
- Damaged or corrupt QuickBooks data files
- Malware or virus attack in your system
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6138, 105?
Resolving the error code 6138, 105 is not a huge task and it can be troubleshoot easily. Before going on to the solutions, it is recommended for you to install and use a decent antivirus program because the error can also occur due to the malware or virus attack. Perform a full scan of your system and remove all the detected threats. If the error still persists then you need to move on to the main steps. Steps to resolve the error code 6138, 105 in QuickBooks are as given below:
Method 1: Reset Company File Path
- Open QuickBooks and click on Preferences
- Change the directory for the company file to use
- Click on Browse and select the company file
- This will reset the company file path. Open the company file and if error still persists then move on to the nest step
Method 2: Use QuickBooks File Doctor Tool
- Log in to your system as an administrator
- Open an internet browser and go to the intuit.com to download the tool.
- Install the tool properly in your system
- Start the scan and it will automatically detect and resolve the issues
- Once the process finishes, restart your system and open QuickBooks to see if the error is resolved or not.
Get Technical Support
The above mentioned steps will help you in resolving the error code 6138, 105 in QuickBooks. After performing the steps properly, you will be able to access the company file again. However, if you are still not able to access the company file and getting the same error then you can get in touch with us by dialing our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 toll-free to get support from the certified ProAdvisors of getsupportnumber.com.