QuickBooks Desktop was specially designed to perform complex accounting tasks easily. It is supported on various Operating Systems. Intuit has released a separate package for the MAC OS which is known as the QuickBooks Desktop for MAC. As we all know that the Mac operating system is known for its bug free user experience. However, there are still possibilities that you may fall into several errors and issues in QuickBooks Desktop for Mac. One such error is the QuickBooks Error 15 that is specially associated to the MAC operating system.
In this article, we will be helping you with the process to resolve QuickBooks Error 15. This error generally occurs during the QuickBooks file conversion process. If you are also going through the same error and you want it to get resolved, you just need to perform the steps provided in this article. You also have the option to connect with our QuickBooks Support department if you are looking for an instant help.
What Is QuickBooks Error 15?
QuickBooks Error 15 while converting QuickBooks file to Mac usually occur when you use the same file in both Windows and MAC OS. When you transfer your QuickBooks Company File from or to MAC OS, there can be several restrictions that can hinder the process. There are chances of getting this error even after a successful file conversion process.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 15?
If you got the error code 15 in QuickBooks for Mac, you are recommended performing the below mentioned steps to resolve it.
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to File menu.
- Choose Utilities and then select Copy Company File for QuickBooks Mac.
- Choose the C:\ to save the copy of your QuickBooks Company File.
- Click on Save.
Solution II: Troubleshooting steps (Run the Rebuild Utility)
- Open your QuickBooks Company File and from the File menu, choose Utility.
- Select Rebuild Data from the drop-down option.
- You will be asked to take a backup of your company file. Click on Yes.
- Choose the C:\ Drive to save your backup company file and click on Save.
Note: You may get QuickBooks has stopped working or QuickBooks is not responding error during the process. You just need to wait it to get completed.
- Now, wait for the process to finish. Now try to work on your QuickBooks Company File to ensure that the error is now resolved.
- Click OK as you see this message, “Rebuild has completed and proceeds with next step”.
Solution III: Troubleshooting steps (Run the Verify Utility)
- From the File menu of QuickBooks, choose Utilities and then select Verify Data.
- If you get the message “QuickBooks detected no problem with your data” then it means there is nothing wrong with your company file. You can now start working on your company file.
- If the Verify utility identifies any issue, you will be asked to Rebuild Data again. In such situations, you are supposed to resolve data damage on your QuickBooks company file.
If you still face the same issue again even after performing above three solutions, you can connect with the support department by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 and get instant solutions for the issue.