In this article, we will provide you the steps to resolve the performance issues while using the QuickBooks Statement Writer (QSW).
How To Resolve Issues Related To The Statement Writer
Solution 1: Update QuickBooks Desktop
You need to update your QuickBooks Desktop to the latest release. Updating QuickBooks will automatically resolve statement writer-related issues in QuickBooks Desktop.
Solution 2: Download the latest version of QSW
- Run QuickBooks Statement Writer.
- Go to Help Center and then select Update.
Important: If you get a Download/Install update prompt while opening QSW or shows up after updating, choose to Cancel to open QSW.
Solution 3: Change the Windows settings
- Make changes in the region in Windows.
- Change user settings (for Windows 7 only):
- Turn on User Account Control (UAC).
- Ensure that QuickBooks or MS Excel is not running as an Administrator.
- Go to Start > All Programs and right-click on QuickBooks or Excel.
- Click on Properties from the drop-down options.
- Navigate to the Compatibility tab and make sure that no boxes are not marked.
Solution 4: Make sure Excel is compatible
QuickBooks Statement Writer 2014 and newer versions are compatible with MS Excel 2007, 2010, and 2013. You can go to the official website of Microsoft to know more about compatibility.
Solution 5: Change the way you access the .QSM file
- If you couldn’t access the QSW data file over a network, you can save the file on your local system.
- If you are not sure about where the actual problem issue occurring, it might be possible that there are some damages with your QuickBooks company file. For this, you need to perform basic data damage troubleshooting on your QuickBooks company file.
Solution 6: Refresh QSW’s access permission
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to Edit > Preferences.
- From the left pane, choose Integrated Applications and then navigate to Company Preferences
- Select QuickBooks Statement Writer and then click on Rename.
- Close QuickBooks and open it again.
- Open the Statement Writer to check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 7: Run the QuickBooks Statement Writer Diagnostics
- Choose Preferences & Format from the Statement Writer Welcome Page.
- Click on Run Diagnostics Now.
- Perform onscreen prompts on the wizard to diagnose and resolve your issues.
Solution 8: Review the .log file
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys and go to the location: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\Statement Writer. Note: If the folder doesn’t appear, you may have to display hidden files and folders.
- Open the log file (where “YYYY” refers to the year, such as isw_2018.log). You will be able to see all the user activities and errors.
- Check out the bottom of the log file to see what is causing the error.
Solution 9: Edit the QBDSK.INI file
This troubleshooting method will also resolve QuickBooks SDK invalid result error while creating a new report in QuickBooks Statement Writer.
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys and go to the folder: C:\ProgramData\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBDSK.INI.
- Locate and right-click on the INI file, take your cursor to Open With and then click on Notepad.
- Add the following:
- Go to Files and save the file in Notepad
- Restart QuickBooks.
Note: Performing this step enables logging and it may have an impact on the performance as long as it is enabled.
For specific issues…
- Display issues: If you are facing issues related to adjusting fonts and columns widths if you use two monitors, drag the Excel window to the primary monitor. You can face these adjustments issues when the QSW is already opened on a secondary monitor.
- DLL or FsdCommon.DLL could not be found: You can encounter this issue when there is a problem with the installation of QSW.
- C:\Program files (x86)\Intuit\Statement Writer 20XX\microsoft.office.interop.word.dll did not succeed: You can check if the issue is with the QSW installation or with the QSW file, you need to create a new report in QSW.
- If you are not able to open, you can perform the steps provided above.
- If you manage to open the report, it means the file is damaged and you need to recreate the report.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the issues with statement writer in QuickBooks. However, if you are not able to resolve the same, you can connect with our technical support department by just dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-567-0425 and get your issues resolved.