QuickBooks Payroll is one of the most appreciated feature of QuickBooks Desktop software that allows you to process payroll directly from QuickBooks Desktop. To run QuickBooks Payroll smoothly, you need to update it on a regular basis. However, there can be some situations when you face several issues while updating the QuickBooks Payroll. Usually, the issues related to payroll update occurs from the 15xxx error series.
This article will provide you the complete information to resolve the 15xxx errors and how to install a digital signature. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Payroll Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 to get an instant support for your QuickBooks errors and issues.
Resolve 15xxx Errors
You need to follow the provided steps in this section if you are facing any of the following error code:
Steps to resolve the 15xxx errors are as given below:
- Run Reboot.bat file.
- Reboot your system and then open your QuickBooks software.
- If you are asked to install an update, click on Install Now.
- If the update couldn’t be processed, then remove the current update and download update again.
- Close QuickBooks Desktop.
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E
- Navigate to the folder C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Intuit\QuickBooks < versionXX> \Components. (Note: xx is the version number of QuickBooks Desktop. For example, QuickBooks Desktop 2019 is DownloadQB19.)
- Open QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to Help > Update QuickBooks Desktop.
- Navigate to the Update Now tab and put a checkmark on the Reset the updates check box.
- Click on Get Updates to download updates again.
- Once the download finishes, close and open QuickBooks Desktop again.
- Now, click on Install Now from the QuickBooks Desktop Update Service
If you still get the same error then follow the below-mentioned steps:
Verify and Troubleshoot QuickBooks Desktop and Internet Explorer settings.
Verify Internet Explorer Settings:
- Set Internet Explorer as the default browser in your system.
- Verify that your computer date and time is correct.
- From the system tray, double-click on the time display.
- Now, verify the current date time in the Date and Time Settings Modify the time and date if required.
- Click on Time Zone drop-down and select the appropriate time zone.
Note: If your system is connected with a network server then you need to very the time and date on the server.
- Check the Cipher Strength.
Internet Explorer 11:
- Go to the official website of Intuit.
- From the main menu, go to File and then select Properties. (If the menu bar is not visible then press the Alt key on your keyboard to make it visible.)
- From the Connection section, check the number before the phrase “bit encryption”.
Note: If you find the cipher strength less than 128 bit then it means the Internet Explorer is damaged. QuickBooks requires encryption from Internet Explorer that may not function properly.
- Update Settings by selecting Tools, then Internet Options.
- Go to Tools and select Internet Options.
- Navigate to the General tab and click on Delete.
- Choose Temporary Internet files and then click on Delete. (Note – do not select to delete cookies.)
- Navigate to the Connections tab and choose LAN settings.
- Put a checkmark on Automatically Detect Settings
- Make sure Proxy servers are blank, unless you use one.
- Go to the Advanced tab, go about 3/4 of the way down the list.
- Make sure that SSL 2.0 and SSL 3.0 are marked
- Remove the checkmark from Check for publisher’s certificate checkbox if marked.
- From the Advanced tab, go to the bottom and check if the TLS 1.2 checkbox is marked. If not them check it Also make sure that the TLS 1.0 and TLS 1.1 are not checked. If marked, remove the checkmark.
Configure Firewall and Internet security+ settings for QuickBooks Desktop.
To get detailed steps about configuring firewall, you can visit: Configure Firewall Security Settings For QuickBooks Desktop
Install/uninstall QuickBooks Desktop in Selective Startup.
- Press Windows + R keys to open the Run command.
- Type msconfig in the search field and click on OK.
- From the General tab, choose Selective startup and Load system services.
- From the Services tab, select Hide all Microsoft Services and then click on Disable all.
- Remove the checkmark on Hide all Microsoft Services
- Make sure that the Windows Installed checkbox is marked in the list of services. If not them mark and click on OK.
- Click on Restart from the System Configuration window.
Once your system opens, perform Clean installation of QuickBooks Desktop.
You can get additional resolutions for the following errors:
Install A Digital Signature Certificate
Steps to install a digital signature certificate are as given below:
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E
- Navigate to the folder C:\Program Files\Intuit\QuickBooks.
- Locate and right-click on exe file
- Select Properties from the drop-down list.
- Navigate to the Digital Signature tab and make sure Intuit is marked in the signature list.
- Click on Details and from the Digital Signature Details, window click on View Certificate.
- Click on Install Certificate from the Certificate
- Keep on clicking Next until you get the Finish option. Then click on Finish.
- Restart your computer.
- Run QuickBooks and try to download updates again.
Download the updates in Safe Mode
Download the updates in Safe Mode by following below-mentioned steps:
- Open your computer in Safe Mode.
- Try to download updates for QuickBooks again.
- If the update finishes properly, restart your system in Normal Mode and install the updates.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Update Issues
The provided solutions in this article will surely be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Desktop Payroll Update errors and issues. You can easily resolve most of the errors from the 12xxx and 15xxx series. However, in case if you are not able to resolve update errors in QuickBooks Desktop, then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 to get instant technical support for your QuickBooks issues.