QuickBooks allows you to save and export in Microsoft Export (.xml) format. If you want to make some changes in the reports using Microsoft Excel that you made in QuickBooks then you have to export the file in .XML format only. Once you export the file in an appropriate file format, you won’t require any special conversion as it can easily be modified by just opening the file in Excel. However, sometimes you may face some issues when the Export option for Excel is grayed out or not clickable when you try to export a report.
If the export to Excel option is not available then you will be forced to export the report in the QuickBooks format which won’t allow you to modify it in Excel. If you are also facing the same issue, then this article can be a bit helpful for you. In this article, we will help you to resolve the export issue in QuickBooks. You can also contact the QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-567-0425 to avail the instant technical support for your issues.
Causes Of Unable To Export Report In .XML Format
If the export option for Excel is not available in QuickBooks then you will have only one option available which is to export to a comma separated values (.csv). It can occur due to the following reasons:
- MS Excel is not installed on your system.
- Excel is installed over a network.
- Installation of MS Excel was damaged.
Important Points To Remember
- You must have an active updated version of QuickBooks desktop. If you’ve already updated the QuickBooks software and still facing the same issue then you will have to repair the QuickBooks installation using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
Note: You must have the latest version of QuickBooks to avail all the services to the fullest because the QuickBooks 2016 is getting expired on May 31st 2019.
- You should have a compatible version of MS Excel or you can run Detect and Repair for Microsoft Office. If it detects any issue then you may have to reinstall the Microsoft Office.
- The MS Excel should be installed on the system before the installation of QuickBooks. It is because the QuickBooks Desktop creates a connection during the installation only.
- For further queries, you can visit the Microsoft Support website where you’ll get all the answers for your questions.
Toggle The User Account Control (UAC) In Windows
You are required to toggle the UAC in Windows in order to resolve the export issue.
- Turn off UAC.
- For Windows 7, 8, and 10 Users
- Go to the Start menu and open the User Account Control Settings.
- Open the Control Panel go to the User Accounts
- Now, Change User Account Control Settings.
- Set the notification to Never Notify and then click OK.
- For Windows Vista users
- Open the Control Panel.
- Select the Classic View if it is not selected already.
- Double-tap on the User Accounts.
- Select Turn on or off for User Account Control.
- Clear the Use User Account Control (UAC) to protect your computer.
- Click on OK.
- Reboot your system.
- Open QuickBooks and then try to open a Company file.
- Go to the Reports menu click on a report.
- Click on the Export button from the report window. You will have all the export options there along with the Excel.
- For Windows 7, 8, and 10 Users
Technical Support For QuickBooks Export Issues
The provided solutions will allow you to resolve the Export option for Excel is grayed out issue. However, sometimes the error could not be resolved manually because the actual cause behind the error is something else. In such situations, you can look out for the technical support department of Intuit by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1800-567-0425 and get instant support for your QuickBooks issues.