You may have encountered the following error message while working on the QuickBooks desktop:
Error: Server Busy. This Action Cannot Be Completed Because The Other Program Is Busy
Causes Of The Server Error
- Another program requires a response from the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Windows Update process is going on in the background.
- You didn’t closed the QuickBooks application or its related components properly
- Two or more systems are hosting the QuickBooks Desktop company file.
- Antivirus or firewall settings are restricting the QuickBooks updates.
- A clash occurs between a program installed in your system and the QuickBooks update manager.
- Intuit ProSeries (US) or Profile (Canada) is conflicting with a program installed in your system
- Insufficient network resources to run QuickBooks Desktop.
These are the most possible causes due to which the error can occur. However, you can always contact the Intuit QuickBooks Support to help you in resolving the QB issues.
How To Resolve The Server Busy Error
Before you move on to the solution steps, you have to check your network resources and the restart the QuickBooks software. If you still get the same error message then follow the below-mentioned steps in order to resolve the error:
Close Open Programs
- If you are required to open at least one program then you need to ensure that there are no dialogue boxes open in the program.
Example: Microsoft Excel opens a dialog box that asks you to save a document. Server Busy message can also appear due to this is one reason the.
- The error can also be caused by the following programs:
- Google Desktop
- Windows Defender
- Vista Security
- Pivot Software Control.
- You may also close the IntuitFCS process if you are using Selective Startup in Windows.
- Webroot Spy Sweeper can cause this error. Disable the Spy Sweeper for sometimes or you can run it in Gamer mode when you open the QuickBooks software
Check If Windows Is Updating
Go to the Windows taskbar and check if the Windows is installing an update or not. Do whatever is required and then restart your system. If there is no update is running then you can go to the next step:
Close All QuickBooks Desktop Components
- Close the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Press CTRL + ALT + DEL and select Task Manager from the list.
- Go to the Processes
- End any of the following QB-related processes if they are listed.
- Start QuickBooks Desktop and open your data file.
Remove QuickBooks Update Agent Displaying The “Server Busy” Message
- Go to Start > All Programs > Startup.
- Right-tap on QuickBooks Update Agent and select Delete from the drop-down list
- Click on Delete Shortcut.
- Disable shared updates in QuickBooks Desktop. Follow the below steps to do so:
- Go to the Help > Update QuickBooks.
- Go to the Options
- Set the Share Download to No
- Click on Close.
If Intuit ProSeries is installed on the computer
- Open Windows Task Manager and look for the qbpsevntXXr.exe process (XX refers to the year of the Intuit ProSeries software).
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Windows + E
- Go to the Intuit ProSeries folder for that year. Usually, the folder can be found in C:\ProWinXX
- Open the 32bit folder by double-clicking on it.
- Look for the qbpsevntXXr.exe file and right-click on the same
- Select Rename from the drop-down list and add OLD at the end of the file name. For example exe.old.
If you still face the same issue then you are recommended to perform the below-mentioned steps recommended by Intuit itself.
- Open Windows in SafeMode with Networking, open QuickBooks Desktop and then restart Windows to Normal Mode. Doing this may resolve the issue for you.
- Open Windows Selective Startup, try to run QuickBooks Desktop and perform the actions causing the error in and then Windows Safe Mode.
- If you use QuickBooks over a network then you need to restart your computer and then reconnect your system and then Windows System to all mapped drives.
- Check if backup or cloning software is active on the server or network. If yes, it might be scanning the scanning the hard drive that can block the QuickBooks files and throws the error. Disable the cloning or backup software to check if the QuickBooks Desktop issue gets resolved or not. If the issue still persist then there can be a conflict with the software that needs to be resolved with through your system or network administrator (if you have one). You may also need to contact the vendor from whom you purchased the software.
- If you have installed a security software on the server system then and the auto scan is enabled then there are chances that the newly added files are being scanned in the background which may cause the conflict. Disable the security software for a while and then try to open the QuickBooks software. You can add .DOC files in the exception list.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
The provided steps will allow you to resolve the server busy error easily. If the error is still around then you can try the following quick fixes:
- Run Reboot.bat
- Repair QuickBooks using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic tool
- Reinstall QuickBooks using a clean install
However, sometimes the error can occur due to some issues in the Intuit server. Such issues can only be resolved from the our side so we recommend you to get in touch with our toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208.