QuickBooks allows you to send and receive mails directly from the software but you may face some technical issues such as:
- Couldn’t Connect to Email Server
- We were unable to connect to the email server for your email provider
- QuickBooks was unable to send your form for the following reason:
- QuickBooks was able to connect to the remote server but could not understand the server’s response.
- Please try again to see if the problem has been corrected on the server.
If the problem persists, contact QuickBooks Technical Support.
This error mostly faced on Yahoo email address.
How To Resolve The Email Issue
There are multiple methods that can resolve this issue. However, the first solution resolves the issue mostly and if it does then you don’t have to move on to the next solution. Follow the below mentioned steps to resolve the issue:
Solution 1: Update To The Latest Release
This particular issue occurs in the QuickBooks 2016 or older versions and it has been resolved in the QuickBooks 2017 version.
- Open the Update to the Latest Release
- Your product version should be selected. If not then tap on the Change option and then choose your QuickBooks product.
- Click on Update for downloading the update file.
- Click on Setup Automatic Updates to get the process to set QuickBooks to automatically download and install the latest updates.
Solution 2: Check The Settings In The WebMail Preferences
- Open QuickBooks and go to Edit > Preferences > Send Forms
- From My Preferences window, click on the email account you are using and then select Edit.
- Open the Edit Email Info window and navigate to the SMTP Server Details section and provide a name of the server and port to your email provider settings.
Solution 3: Reset Internet Explorer Settings To Default
- Open the Internet Explorer
- Go to Tools > Internet Options
- From the Advanced tab, select Restore Advanced Settings.
- Select OK and close the IE browser.
If you are facing the issue due to a third-party security software installed in your system then we recommend you to disable the anti-virus and then try to send mail using QuickBooks Desktop. But you will have to do it every time you are sending a mail so it’ll be better to contact your IT professional to fix this issue for you.
If you are still facing the same issue even after performing the provided steps then here are some additional solutions that you can try:
|You are not connected to the internet or your firewall is blocking the connection.||Run the Internet Explorer try to access a secured web site.|
|Your email server settings are incorrect.||Make sure that you’ve appropriate web mail preferences that we showed in the solution 2.|
|You entered an incorrect email address or password.||Go to the website of your email service provider and log in to your account using appropriate login credentials to check if the email address or password is working or not. If not then you will have to recover your password.|
If you are getting these email issues even if you don’t use any email services then it can be an issue related to your system. You can create a new Windows user with administrator rights and then open the QuickBooks.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Issues
The provided solutions will allow you to resolve the Error: Could Not Connect To The Email Server easily and then you will be able to send email directly from QuickBooks desktop. But if you are still facing the same issue then we recommend you to get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Technical Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 to get instant QuickBooks support.