QuickBooks Error -6000, -106 is a company file error that occurs while trying to opening or creating a company file QuickBooks Desktop:
Error -6000, -82Error -6000, -106
If you are also facing the error code 6000, 106 while working on your company file, you don’t have to worry at all because you can easily resolve this error by performing the steps provided in this article. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Customer Support Phone Number +1888-346-0234 and get your issues resolved.
Important: Before you move onto the solution steps, make sure the you are using the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop. To start with a basic solution, we recommend using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool to resolve basic company file and network issues.
What Causes QuickBooks Error -6000, -106, -6000 -82
There can be various factors due to which this error can pop up on your screen and some of them are as given below:
- QuickBooks Company is damaged.
- You are not following appropriate ways to create a company file.
- Misconfigured firewall settings are not allowing QuickBooks to connect with the company file.
- Virus or malware attack has infected your QuickBooks data file.
- Damaged installation of QuickBooks.
- QuickBooks Company File you are trying to open is not physically available in the folder from where you are trying to access it.
How To Resolve QuickBooks Error 6000, 106?
Solution 1: Remove spaces after the company name and before the company file extension
- Log out of QuickBooks Desktop on all the connected workstations
- Open the File Explorer by pressing Windows + E keys and go to the folder where the company file is stored.
- Locate and right-click on your company file and then click on Rename from the drop-down options.
- Now, remove all the spaces between the file name and file extension.
- Now, try to open or create a company file.
If the issue persists, proceed to Solution 2.
Solution 2: Turn off hosting with each computer where QuickBooks is installed
For Single-User Access: Note: If you disable hosting mode, the multi-user access will automatically be disabled.
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to File > Utilities > Stop Hosting Multi-User Access.
- On the Stop hosting multi-user access message, click on Yes.
- On the Company file must be closed message, click on Yes.
For Multi-User Access: Note: QuickBooks Error 6000, 82 refers to the situation that more than one client computers are inappropriately set up to host multi-user access.
- On each workstation showing the error:
- From the No Company Open window, choose File > Utilities.
- Make sure that the Host Multi-User Access option is visible. One or more workstation can show the menu option, Stop Hosting Multi-User Access, that says the hosting mode is already enabled
- Choose Stop Hosting Multi-User Access option on any connected workstation showing Stop Hosting Multi-User Access and follow the on-screen prompts to turn off hosting.
- Try to open your company file again. The log-in window will pop up on your screen. In case the issue is still around, navigate to the next solution.
Solution 3: For Multi-User access, switch to Hosting Local and Remote files mode
Note: Follow the below-mentioned steps only if the previous steps to fail to resolve the error.
- From the home screen of QuickBooks, press F2 key to open the Product Information window.
- Make sure that Hosting is set to local files in the Local Server Information.
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, File > Switch to Multi-User Mode.
- Run QuickBooks on a network mode. For additional information, you can check the QuickBooks in-product Help or set up multi-user or network for QuickBooks Desktop resource page.
- Wait for the company file to open and then open the Product Information window by pressing the F2
- Verify that under Local Server Information at the bottom of the window, Hosting is set to local files only. Reminder: You can provide other QuickBooks users with continuous access to the company file, make sure that the system is hosting multi-user access is left on and the user must be set up QuickBooks should be logged in; nut, QuickBooks does not need to be open.
If the issue persists, please proceed to Solution 4.
Solution 4: Run the Quick Fix my Program tool on the client computer
- Go to the official website of Intuit and download the QuickBooks Tools Hub on the client computer.
- From the QuickBooks Tools Hub, choose Program Problems.
- Click on Quick Fix my Program.
- Run QuickBooks and check if the error is resolved or not.
Solution 5: Follow standard data troubleshooting
You might be getting the error code 6000, 82 because your company file is damaged. You need to resolve data damages issues on your QuickBooks company file.
Technical Support For Your Company File Issues
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the QuickBooks Error 6000, 82 or -6000, 106. You should now be able to open your company file and work on it without any issues. However, if you are still not able to resolve the error or you have any kind of doubt in any of the steps, you can connect with the support department of getsupportnumber.com by just dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-346-0234 to get instant solution for your issues.