QuickBooks Desktop allows you to manage various aspects of your business with ease. In QuickBooks, you can easily create invoices for your customers and send them to your customers online. However, there can be some instances when your customer may face some issues while paying their invoices online. Well, if your customers are going through the same issue, you need not to worry at all. This article covers all the required procedures that you need to perform to get rid of the issue. You need to go through the full article to know what to do if customers can’t pay their invoices online. In case you need any help or assistance, you can connect with our QuickBooks Support department for additional assistance.
To send invoices from QuickBooks Desktop that a customer can pay online, you are required to be signed up for QuickBooks Payments.
Your customers will receive an email and all they need to do is to click on Review pay or Pay invoice option. This will open and process the invoice. Customers will be able to pay through the credit card or an ACH bank transfer as per your settings.
In case your customers run into any issue while paying, there’s nothing to worry about. You just need to go through the following steps to finish the sale.
Customers don’t see a “Pay now” button in their email
Signing up for QuickBooks Payments allows you to send online invoices. You just need to enable the feature by following the steps mentioned below:
- From the main menu, select Customers and then click on Create Sales Receipts.
- From the Customer: Job drop-down, choose the required customer.
- Add required products and services for which the customer is paying.
- Entire other required fields of sales receipt.
- Choose a payment method from Cash, Check, or Visa.
You need to remember that the payment processing is an add-on feature to QuickBooks. If QuickBooks Payments is not enabled, the invoices can’t be sent to customers online. However, you still have the option to email invoice forms.
Customers see an error message
Ask your customer to follow the instructions they received with the error message. If there are no instructions, ask them to follow the steps mentioned below:
- Remove cache data and other irrelevant data from the web browser they are using.
- Right-click on Review and pay option and copy the URL. Run the internet browser and paste the copied link in the address bar. If the page is still not loading, use a different web browser.
- The web browser should be of the latest version.
Intuit recommends using the following web browsers to use the QuickBooks Payments feature:
- Internet Explorer
Customers don’t know how to to make partial payments
The QuickBooks Payments comes with an option of partial payments:
- Go to the invoice email and click on Review and pay.
- Click on the pencil ✏️ icon for modifying the Payment Amount.
- Enter a part of the amount.
- Enter information in the rest of the fields and click on Pay.
Tip: If you don’t prefer the partial payments, you should inform them ahead of time.
Customers’ credit card gets declined
There can be several factors due to which the cards may get declined. The information entered by the customer doesn’t match. Or the payment amount is higher than the amount limit assigned by the bank.
You can ask your customer to contact their bank directly in case of a declined payment.
Technical Assistance For QuickBooks
Performing the steps provided in this article should allow your customer to make payment for the invoice you have sent through QuickBooks Payments. However, if the error is still around, there might be chances that your QuickBooks Payment account is having some issues. In such cases, you need to connect with our QuickBooks Desktop support department. For this, you just need to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1-866-701-7446 to get an instant solution for your QuickBooks Desktop.