QuickBooks Desktop allows you create sale receipts in QuickBooks Desktop. You will have to create sales receipts if you receive full payment during the time of the sale. Sales receipts include payments by cash, check or credit card. In this article, we will provide you complete process that you need to perform to create sales receipts in QuickBooks software. You can also connect with the support department of Intuit by dialing QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-567-0425 if you require any kind of help or assistance at any point of time.
Important: If tracking sales by customer doesn’t require for your business, you can still use Sales Receipt to record your day to day sales summary. For this, you need to set up a customer named Daily Sales (or any name you prefer) and then provide the total sales for the day per Item. You will be able to set up a customer name for each item if there are multiple cash registers and you want to track the sales per register.
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to Customers > Create Sales Receipts/Enter Sales Receipts.
- Choose a customer job from the Customer: Job drop-down options. If there is no customer on the list yet, select Add New to add a new customer.
- Provide all the required information at the top of the form such as the Date and Sale No.
- Select the payment method.
- From the detail section, choose item(s) you propose to do or include as a sale. Note: While choosing or adding an item, the description and amount will automatically be populated that depends on the description and unit cost provided by you when you set up the item. You can remove or make changes in the item while creating invoices.
- You can also apply for a discount by following steps:
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to List > Item List.
- Right-click anywhere in the window and click on New.
- From the Name Item window, click on Type drop-down and choose Discount.
- Provide a Item Name/Number along with a brief description.
- From the Amount or % field and then provide a discount amount or percentage. The discount amounts can be different as well. In such cases, you can leave these fields blank and you can provide the amount directly on your sales forms.
- From the Account drop-down options, select the income account that you want to use to track discounts provided to customers.
- Choose a suitable Tax Code for the item then click on OK.
- Click on Save & Close.
|However, it is not a part of you’re A/R workflow, a sales receipt is the most crucial customer-related transactions in QuickBooks Desktop. For more information about the workflows, you can refer to Accounts Receivable Workflows in QuickBooks Desktop.|
Technical Support For QuickBooks Desktop
The provided solutions should be helpful for you and you should now be able to create sales receipts in QuickBooks Desktop. As you may have noticed that it is not a complex process to create sales receipts but sometimes, you can face several complexities during the process as well. If you are also facing some issues or you have any kind of doubt, you can connect with the technical support department. For this, you just need to dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-567-0425 to get instant technical support for all your issues.