QuickBooks company file is one of the most important parts of QuickBooks and if you are using QuickBooks for a long time then it can be said that the QuickBooks company files are the backbone of your company. A QuickBooks company file stores all the financial record of your business. If you’ve just started to use QuickBooks then creating a QuickBooks company file is the first step before you can work for your business using QuickBooks software. This article will provide you the in-depth procedure to create a QuickBooks Desktop Company file using appropriate methods.
The important points to use the QuickBooks software for your business are:
- Create QuickBooks Desktop company file: Overview
- Copy multiple transactions from one company file to another
- Create industry-specific company file templates
- Export lists from the old company file into a new data file
- Remove all transactions using condense data utility
Note: If you’ve just started using the QuickBooks software then we recommend you to first create and work with the sample company file so that you get familiar to the software environment. You can also look out for QuickBooks Training Program which will help you in using the QuickBooks software more efficiently. To know more about the QuickBooks company files, you can get in touch with the QuickBooks Enterprise Support Number +1800-567-0425 toll-free.
Start A New QuickBooks Desktop Company File From Scratch
Important: If an existing company file is there in your system and you want to create a new one then you have to give it a unique name because giving the same name will override the existing company file and you may lose all your data that was saved in that company file.
- Open the QuickBooks Desktop.
- Click on Create a new company from the No Company Open
- You will have two options from which you need to select as per your convenient:
- Express Start
- Detailed Start.
- Provide the required information under the QuickBooks Setup
Note: Click on Help me choose to get a short description of all the types of business and the preset chart of accounts which is created by QuickBooks as per your industry.
- Click on Create Company.
- Once you create your company file, start to create and add customers, chart of accounts and other important services. You can also do it later by selecting the Start Working
- Fill all the required fields in the Easy Step Interview screen and then click on
- Choose your Industry
- Click on Next.
- Select the type of your business and then click on
- Provide the first month of your fiscal year and then click on Next.
- Assign your QuickBooks admin-password to the company file for the safeguard of your data.
- Select the folder where you will be saving your file and then click on Save.
- Click on Next for customizing your QuickBooks company file as per your convenient or you can do it later by clicking on Leave.
Important: Once you create the company file and start working on it, you are recommended to create a backup of your company files on a regular basis. You can do it manually or you can also create a backup of QuickBooks files using the Inuit Data Protect service.
Issues With QuickBooks Company Files
If you own a business then creating a company file is not the end. You will have to keep on working on it as time passes, the file will start becoming heavier and you may start facing some errors and issues with your company files. You can also face some issues while creating or modifying a QuickBooks company file. Well, you don’t have to worry about it as this section of the article will provide you full-fledge information about the issues that can occur in the QuickBooks company file.
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 832
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 80
- QuickBooks Error 6000 82
- QuickBooks Error 6000 816
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 83
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 78
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 77
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 304
- QuickBooks Error 6175
- QuickBooks Error 6150
- QuickBooks Error 6147
- QuickBooks Error 6143
- QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
- QuickBooks Error 6189, 816
There are various other issues as well that can restrict you from creating or working on your QuickBooks Company Files. However, most of these errors can be resolved by using the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool.
The QuickBooks File Doctor Tool is basically developed to resolve the QuickBooks Company File issues. It is a service provided by Intuit without any extra charges that resolve all the identified issues automatically.
Sometimes you may face some company file errors even if your data files are healthy. It can occur due to the damaged installation of the QuickBooks software. In order to resolve these installation related issues by using the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool.
Technical Support For QuickBooks Company File Issues
Hopefully, this article was helpful for you in creating a QuickBooks company file and keeping them healthy. However, if you can’t use your QuickBooks company files then we recommend you to avail the data service from the customer service team of Intuit. You can get instant support for your data damage issues in QuickBooks file by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Number +1800-567-0425.