QuickBooks Desktop allows you to send an Accountant’s Copy (QBX) by saving the file on the local system or using the Accountant’s Copy File Transfer (ACFT) service. It is essential to send your files to the accountant on exact time to make sure that all the modifications or corrections are mode on your company file appropriately.
This article will provide you complete information about creating an accountant’s copy to send to your accountant in QuickBooks Desktop. To know more about the Accountant’s Copy workflows and general information, you can see Use The Accountant’s Copy In QuickBooks.
- Advanced Inventory (AI) needs to be disabled to create an Accountant’s Copy in QuickBooks Enterprise solution.
- If you use Accountant’s Copy File Transfer service, then your accountant gets two weeks in which the Accountant’s Copy can be downloaded.
- If you are asked to recreate the Accountant’s Copy, then you first need to remove the accountant’s copy restrictions and then create the file again. Note that you won’t be able to import the Accountant’s Changes from the previous Accountant’s Copy once you remove the restrictions.
- The QuickBooks title bar will show “Accountant’s Changes Pending” next to the company’s file name the Accountant’s Changes gets imported or until the restrictions are removed.
To Create An Accountant’s Copy (.QBX)
- From the File menu of QuickBooks, choose Send Company File.
- Go to Accountant’s Copy and then Client Activities.
- To save the file on your local system:
- Click on Save File.
- Browse to the location where you want to save the file and then Save.
To transfer the file using the Accountant’s Copy File Transfer service, follow the below steps:
- Click on Send to Account and then click on Next.
- Provide the dividing date and then click on Next.
- Provide the required information such as email address, name, and email address.
- Create and re-enter a file transfer password for security purposes. You can also add a not for your accountant if required.
- Click on Send. QuickBooks will then close all windows.
Technical Support For QuickBooks
The provided steps will surely help you to create an accountant’s copy in QuickBooks Desktop. However, there can be some situations when you can face several errors and issues while creating an Accountant’s Copy such as QuickBooks Unable To Create Accountant’s Copy. If you are also facing such issues then you can contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1855-565-6250 for instant support for your QuickBooks errors and issues.