A sales order in QuickBooks allows you to record a sale that you plan to fulfill in the coming days. It helps you in tracking the items you promised to provide to your customers. In this article, we will be assisting you to create a sales order to keep a track of your items in QuickBooks. You can also connect with our support department at QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-567-0425 for more info.
Creating a sales order is a part of usual workflow of Account Receivable in QuickBooks Desktop. You can have complete information about the list of workflows and customer-related transactions at Account Receivable workflows.
Important: Creating sales order is only available in the Premier and Enterprise version of QuickBooks Desktop.
You can turn on the Sales Order in QuickBooks by following the below steps:
- Log into your company file with administrator rights.
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to Edit > Preferences.
- Choose Sales & Customers from the left pane and then navigate the Company Preferences
- Mark the Enable Sales Order checkbox and then click on OK.
Create A Sales Order From Scratch
Perform the steps provided in this section to create a sales order from scratch. You require this option if your business doesn’t require you to send estimates before creating sales order.
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to Customers > Sales Orders/Create Sales Orders.
- Select a customer or customer job from the Customer: Job drop-down options. If you don’t see any customer or job in the list, click on Add New.
- Enter the required information in the respective fields such as the Date and O. No.
- Choose the item(s) from the detail area. Note: If you choose or add an item, the description and amount will be filled automatically depending upon the description and unit cost you entered due the time of setting up an item. You have the option to delete or change it while creating a sales order.
- (Optional) to apply a discount, you can create a discount item:
- From the List menu of QuickBooks, choose Item List.
- Right-click anywhere on the window and select New.
- From the New Item window, choose Type drop-down and then select Discount
- Provide an Item Name/Number along with a brief description.
- In the Amount or % field, provide the discount amount or percentage. If you have multiple discount amounts, you can leave the Amount or % field empty and provide the amount directly on your sales forms.
- Click on the Account drop-down and select the income account that you want to use to track discount you provide to customers.
- Choose an appropriate Tax Code for the item and then click on OK.
- Click on Save & Close.
Create A Sales Order From An Estimate
Perform following steps if you have already provided an estimate to your customers and you want to create a sales order for the same.
- Locate and open the correct estimate.
- Click on Create Sales Order from the top of the estimate form.
- Wait for the sales order to appear and make modifications in it as required.
- Click on Save & Close.
Reach Us For Technical Support
Following the steps provided in this article should allow you to create a sales order in QuickBooks Desktop. As you may have noticed that creating sales order is not a complex process but sometimes it can become complex when there are some issues with your company file, or you don’t follow appropriate guidelines to create it. In such cases, you may have to connect with a QuickBooks expert because that is the only thing left that can take you out from such situations. You can dial the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-567-0425 to get connected with one of the certified QuickBooks ProAdvisor of Intuit.