Payroll Summary Reports needs to be created for individual employees to check the transactions on particular dates. The Payroll Summary Report includes taxes, gross pay, and net pay, adjustments, employee wages, sick and vacation time. If you don’t know the process to create this report then you don’t have to worry as this article will help you to create a payroll summary report manually.
Important: You need to note down the dates mentioned in this report are through paycheck dates only, not by pay period dates.
Understanding The Report
A few things to know about this report are as given below:
- Gross Pay: It consists of the commission and additions like bonuses or tips.
- Adjusted Gross Pay: It is the gross pay excluded by the pre-tax deductions like an employee contribution to a 401(k) plan.
- Net Pay: The amount sent to the employee after the taxes and any modifications for the after-tax charges or add-ons.
- Employer Taxes and Contributions: This section of the report displays the amount received while the period is being covered by the report. It doesn’t matter if you or your company paid them or not.
Create A Payroll Summary Report
Follow the below mentioned steps in order to Create a payroll summary report:
- From the main menu, go to Reports menu > Employees & Payroll > Payroll Summary.
- Provide a date range to the report.
- Select a date range from the Dates drop-down
- In the From and To fields, enter a date range.
- Click on Refresh.
- Exclude the Hours and/or Rate columns.
- Click on Customize Report.
- Go to the Display tab and unmark the Hours and/or Rate checkboxes
- Click on OK.
- Go to the Filters tab, modify the pay periods by clicking on Pay Period Begin/End Date
- Click on OK once you are done.
- Select Report from the Print drop-down list.
- (Optional) Modify the printer setting if required and then select Print.
If you want to export this report then we recommend you to go to Export QuickBooks To Excel.
You may also want to visit: Export Option For Excel Is Grayed Out
Run A Payroll Report On One Employee
In order to Run a report for a specific employee, follow the steps mentioned below:
- From the Employees menu, click on Employee Center
- Click on the employee for which you want to run the report.
- Click one of the report that report you would like to run:
- Payroll Summary
- Paid Time Off Report
- Payroll Transaction Detail
QuickBooks Technical Support
The provided steps will allow you to create a payroll summary report easily. As you know that the QuickBooks Payroll Reports allows you to manage employee earnings, list of your current employees and much more. However, sometimes you may face some difficulties while creating a payroll summary report. You usually face issues when you try to create the report in an outdated version of QuickBooks Desktop so we recommend you to upgrade your software to the latest release. You can avail the technical support services from the certified ProAdvisors of QuickBooks by dialing the toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208.