This article will help you to create a new QuickBooks Company File from an existing one in QuickBooks. QuickBooks comes with so many advanced features that allows you to perform various complex accounting tasks and helps you in managing your financial records well. You can create a QuickBooks company file from an existing company file. But to do so, you have to use Condense Data Utility to remove all your old transactions and other data from QuickBooks. The copy of this file contains customers, vendors, items lists. It also contains the templates and preferences from the original company file.
Follow the steps provided in this article to successfully create a new QuickBooks company file from an already existing company file. You can also contact us at our QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1888-396-0208 if want any kind of help while creating a QuickBooks company file.
Note: For QuickBooks Payroll services: The Direct Deposit, E-file, or E-pay users needs to ensure that their subscription is active in one company only.
Copy an existing Desktop company file
Following the steps will help you to create a copy of an existing QuickBooks Desktop company file:
- Create a backup of your QuickBooks company file to make sure that you don’t lose your data.
- Restore the backup of your QuickBooks company file. Save the backed up file in the folder where you will be saving your QuickBooks company file.
- Now, rename that file. (Note: Renaming the file will create a copy of the original QuickBooks company file.)
- Check your new QuickBooks company file if there are any errors or issues or not.
Remove all transactions from a copied company file
You can ask for help from our QuickBooks ProAdvisors if you are using QuickBooks Desktop Payroll as well because the payroll data won’t get removed if you use QuickBooks Payroll. It is a kind of limitation that you get while condensing your data.
You can delete the transactions manually from QuickBooks as well or else you can create a new QuickBooks company file instead. Once you are done with creating a company file, you need to export your list from the original company file. Now, you have to import your list into the new file. You can export and import your form templates as well but you can only export or import a single form at a time.
- Open QuickBooks and then navigate to the File
- From the Utility drop-down, click on Condense Data
- If you get any warning message stating that your budget data will get remove then just click on Yes.
- Select All Transactions from the Condense Data window.
- Click on Next.
- Now, follow the onscreen prompts to remove all your transactions.
Reach Us For Support
The steps provided in this article should help you out in creating a new company file from an existing one. It can become a complex process sometimes because if you don’t implement these steps properly then you can face several company file related issues from the 6000 error code series such as:
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 80
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 77
- QuickBooks Error 6175
- QuickBooks Error 6190
- QuickBooks Error 6144, 82
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 83
- QuickBooks Error 6000, 816
You can face some other issues as well. However, if you are facing any of the issue or you are having some other queries related to creating a new QuickBooks company file then you can contact us at our QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1888-396-0208 and instant solution for all your QuickBooks issues. You can also connect with us at our QuickBooks Live Chat Support department to get solution for your QuickBooks error codes and issues.