This article will help you to configure firewall security settings for QuickBooks Desktop. Configuring the firewall ports is very important because the miss-configured firewall can restrict so many important processes such as:
- Online Banking
- QuickBooks update
- Modifications in the company file if it is located on a network drive
- Other add-on services
It is very important to configure the firewall security settings especially when you try to update the QuickBooks software. As you know that the QuickBooks 2016 versions will get discontinued from May 31st 2019. If the firewall settings are not configured properly then you will face some issues while updating the QuickBooks software. For more info, connect with us QuickBooks 2019 Upgrade Support Number +1800-324-6955 toll-free.
Follow the full article carefully in order to set up the firewall settings for your QuickBooks software.
Configure Firewall Ports Automatically
When you run the QuickBooks File Doctor Tool the firewall ports gets automatically opened. You can use this tool to configure the Windows Firewall automatically.
Configure Firewalls Manually
Dynamic ports are being used by the QuickBooks Desktop version 2019. These specific firewall ports are assigned when you install the QuickBooks Desktop to ensure that it uses an exclusive port. The format of the port for QuickBooks 2019 is: 8019, XXXX (XXXX refers to the port number assigned to the QuickBooks Desktop)
Get the dynamic port number for QuickBooks 2019
- Open the QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
- Go to the Port Monitor tab and find QuickBooks Desktop 2019.
- Note down the Port Number, which will be used for your firewall port exception.
Things to know:
You can change Port assignment by selecting Renew. However, you need to navigate to the Scan Folders tab and click on Scan Now for resetting the firewall permissions. You are only allowed to renew 2019 ports. 2018 and earlier versions use static ports mentioned below.
QuickBooks Desktop 2018 and earlier versions utilize static ports with provided range every year version. It follows the port format: 8019, XXXXX, XXXXX-XXXXX.
Add Firewall port exception for QuickBooks
If you are using multiple versions of QuickBooks then you have perform the below mentioned steps for each year version:
- Go to the Start menu and then search for Windows Firewall
- Go to the Advanced Settings.
- Right-tap on the Inbound Rules and then select New Rule from the drop-down list.
- Click on Port and then Next.
- TCP must be selected.
- Enter the particular ports required for your QuickBooks year version and then click on Next. QuickBooks Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX. (XXXXX is the assigned port number found in QuickBooks Database Server Manager)
- QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 32428, 55378-55382
- QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 32427, 55373-55377
- QuickBooks Desktop 2016: 8019, 32426, 55368-55372
- Click on Allow the Connection
- Click on Next.
- Mark all the profiles if you are asked to and then Select Next.
- Provide a name to this firewall rule such as QBPorts(year).
- Click on Finish.
- Repeat the same steps for Outbound Rules as well and then try to run the QuickBooks in multi-user mode.
If you’re facing any kind of issue in the connectivity then you need to make exceptions to programs QuickBooks uses in Windows Firewall.
Create Firewall exceptions for QuickBooks programs
QuickBooks requires executable files to perform multiple functions. You need to check the Configure your anti-virus or firewall programs section for the executable files list and then perform the following steps for every particular file.
- Open the Windows Firewall and go to the Advanced Settings.
- Right-tap on theInbound Rules and then click on New Rule.
- Go to Program and then click on
- Choose This Program Path and then click on Browse.
- Go to the file location and then click Next.
- Click on Allow the Connection and then select Next.
- Mark all the profiles if you are asked to.
- Provide a name to this firewall rule such as QBPorts(year).
- Click on Finish
- Perform the same steps again for the Outbound Rules(select Outbound Rules instead of Inbound in the 3rd step).
Configure Your Anti-Virus Or Firewall Programs
Configure and set up the anti-virus or firewall programs. You have to do this only if the issue didn’t resolved even after configuring Windows Firewall.
- There are a large number of firewall programs available in the market and that’s why the Intuit can’t provide you the steps to configure each of them. You need to contact the manufacturer to get the configuration steps.
- Intuit doesn’t provide support for the different internet security programs. Most of the time, adding ports to the Windows Firewall resolves the issue but if you still face issue while opening a file over a network or other multi-user issues then you may have to add the following executable/directories to your 3rd party virus program.
Add QuickBooks ports exception on your Antivirus or Firewall
The TCP must be selected if not then you need to select and provide the ports require for your QuickBooks year version. Under the Manually configure exceptions and ports section, check the port number for your QB version. If you are using multiple versions of QuickBooks then you will have to add the ports for each year.
Add the following executable files on your Antivirus or Firewall
If you see Program Files (x86), go there as that means you are on a 64-bit Operating system.
|AutoBackupExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|Dbmlsync.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|DBManagerExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|FileManagement.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|FileMovementExe.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QuickBooksMessaging.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBW32.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBDBMgrN.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBGDSPlugin.exe||C:\Program Files\Intuit\QUICKBOOKS YEAR|
|QBServerUtilityMgr.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks|
|QBCFMonitorService.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks|
|QBLaunch.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks|
|QBUpdate.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\QuickBooks\QBUpdate|
|IntuitSyncManager.exe||C:\Program Files\Common Files\Intuit\Sync|
|OnlineBackup.exe||C:\Program Files\QuickBooks Online Backup|
Technical Support For QuickBooks Firewall Configuration Issues
The provided procedure will allow you to set up and configure the firewall security settings for QuickBooks Desktop. After configuring the firewall, you will be able to use the QuickBooks software without any connectivity issues. But, in case if the firewall could not get configured then you may end up falling the errors that can restrict you from working in QuickBooks. In such scenarios, you can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Tech Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 and avail the technical support services on the go.