QuickBooks accounting software allows you to perform multiple accounting tasks at the same time. One of its best features is the Reports that it creates for various Items, Inventory, Transactions etc. This article will help you to combine your reports from multiple company files in QuickBooks.
You can also manage reports and know where your company stands by combining reports in QuickBooks. For this, you can use a third party application or Excel.
Note: If you use QuickBooks Pro or Premier version for your business and you want to utilize the multiple company file reporting feature then we recommend you to upgrade your subscription to the Enterprise version of QuickBooks. To know more about it or upgrade to QuickBooks Enterprise, get in touch with the QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 toll-free.
This article series basically covers all the information related to the reports including hoe reports work and other important reporting tasks.
|This blog series covers all the basic information regarding reports in QuickBooks Desktop.|
You need to know the following things before going on to the steps:
- Make your chart of accounts in the company file as sorted as you can to make your combined reports easier to read.
- Accounts will be combined if the reports have same name, type and hierarchical level in every report.
Note: Account names are not case sensitive.
- Following accounts will not get combined:
- Accounts that are at different levels. For example, telephone account will not get combined with telephone subaccount.
- Spelling differences. For example, telephone will not get combined with phone.
- Different account numbers.
- Accounts with and without an account number.
- Accounts are listed by type. All the accounts in each type are listed in according to the changes made in the first company file. Then, the accounts from different company files gets included in the order they are.
- You may have to log in to your company file and then switch them to multi-user mode.
Combine Reports From Multiple Company Files
Note: QuickBooks Pro and Premier users can use 2nd and 3rd option and QuickBooks Mac Desktop needs to use 3rd option only.
Option 1: Combine Reports In QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise
You have the option to combine reports from multiple company files in QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise:
- Balance Sheet Standard
- Balance Sheet Summary
- Profit & Loss Standard
- Profit & Loss by Class
- Statement of Cash Flows
- Trial Balance
To combine reports:
- From the main menu of QuickBooks, go to Reports > Combine Reports from Multiple Companies.
- Click on Add Files and then browse the other company file
- Click on Open and then repeat the same process for other additional files as well.
- Click on the reports that you want to combine under Select report for combining.
- Provide the From and To date and then choose a report basis.
- Click on Combine Reports in Excel and this will open a Microsoft Excel spread sheet with the combined reports.
Option 2: Use A Third-Party Software
Intuit provides various applications that can be used to produce combined reports from multiple company files.
Option 3: Manually Export Reports From Each File And Combine Using Microsoft Excel
- Open your first company file
- Export the selected report on an Excel worksheet and then save it on your system.
- Open the next company file.
- Make same report and export it to a new Excel sheet in the same workbook and Save.
- Open your Excel workbook and combine both the reports into a new worksheet.
- Save the Excel file.
Get Technical Support For QuickBooks
The provided steps should allow you to Combine Reports From Multiple Company Files in QuickBooks Desktop. If you are facing any issue while combining your reports then it might be possible that you are trying to combine some damaged reports or on of the selected report is damaged. In such scenarios, you either need to resolve damages from your report or seek help from a QuickBooks expert to fix damaged reports issues. You can get in touch with us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 and get instant support for all your QuickBooks issues.