After you enter a bill in QuickBooks desktop, you are supposed pay it by using the Pay Bills option. Using Write Checks with a bill which is already there then the two transactions won’t get connected and you will be shown the status of bill as unpaid. This article will provide you the process resolve issues when the Bill Shows As Unpaid After Writing A Check-In QuickBooks. You can also contact us at our toll-free QuickBooks Support Number to get an instant solution for your issues.
|Having doubts about whether you should write a check or pay a bill? Well, you have to remember the following guidelines between two options:
Use Write Checks
Use Pay Bills
New! If you want to prevent accidently create a check for open bills, then the QuickBooks 2019 version will provide you the correct guidelines for your workflow. If you make an attempt to write a check while having existing bills then the Check for Bills window will show up along with a list of open bills for vendor and also for the Go to Pay Bills options.
How To Resolve Bill Shows As Unpaid After Writing A Check In QuickBooks Issue
Solution 1: Keep The Check And Delete The Bill
Select this option if you don’t want all of your payment details to appear in Accounts Payable.
Solution 2: Link the check to the bill
Use this option if your check has already been reconciled.
- Modify the Expense account Accounts Payable.
- On the check you created, change the Expense account to Accounts Payable.
- Click on Customer: Job drop-down option and then select the vendor name. If you don’t provide a name then QuickBooks will ask you to select a vendor for the Accounts Payable line item.
- Click on Save & Close.
- Pay the Bill.
- From the Vendors menu, click on Pay Bills.
- Choose the Bill/s that are corresponding to the Check.
- Click on Set Credits and then open the Credits
- Mark the credit checkbox and then change the amount as required.
- Click on Done and then select Pay Selected Bills.
Note: Checking transaction history will show the regular check as the payment.
Solution 3: Remove the check and pay the bill
Select this option to see all your payment information in Accounts Payable.
- Create a backup the QuickBooks company file.
- Navigate to the Check Register.
- Go to Banking and then select Use Register.
- From the Select Account drop-down, you need to select the bank account you used while writing check.
- Click on OK.
- Locate for the check you create in error. Now, note down the details such as vendor name, payment data, check number and amount paid.
- Close the Register when you are done with the process.
- Open the Pay Bills window.
- From the main menu, go to Vendors and then select Pay Bills.
- Choose the correct Accounts Payable account and then click on Show all bills.
- Choose the bills that you paid using Write Check. If there are on check written for multiple bills then you have to select all the corresponding bills.
- For Payment data, select the original payment date you used to write check/s.
- From the Method drop-down, click on Check.
- Click on Assign check number to attach the right check number to the payment. If you get a notification that says the check number has already been used then you need to click on Yes to continue. You will get the same prompt for each check number that your are duplicating.
- From the Account drop-down list, select the bank account you entered while writing the check.
- Click on Pay Selected Bills.
- Go back to the Check Register again.
- You will see two entries (CHK/CHK and BILLPMT) with the similar check details.
- Remove all the CHK/CHK entry.
- Double-click on the entry.
- From the Edit menu, click on Delete.
- Click on OK.
Solution 4. Fix Unapplied Vendor Payments and Credits
This option can only be used in the QuickBooks Accountant Edition and QuickBooks Enterprise 16 and later versions.
- Go to the Accountant menu and click on Client Data Review.
- Now click on Fix Unapplied Vendor Payments and Credits
- Go to the Vendors tab and choose the appropriate Accounts Payable account.
- Select the Vendor and on the payments/credits column, choose the appropriate check.
- Select appropriate bills from the bill’s section.
- Click on Apply. If you chose incorrect transaction then you can select Un-apply to undo the link.
- Click on Save.
Technical Support For QuickBooks
The provided solutions should help you to get rid of the unpaid status of bill after writing a check issue. We have provided four different solutions depending upon the causes and the scenarios in which the issue can occur. In case if you could bot resolve the issue on your own or you have some doubts regarding the solution steps then you can contact us at any point of time by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Enterprise Support Phone Number +1805-900-6410 and get an instant solution for your QuickBooks errors and issues.