While connecting with the online bank or credit card accounts with QuickBooks, the transactions will get downloaded automatically. However, if you are facing some issues in receiving the latest transactions, there are possibilities that QuickBooks is going through some bank feeds errors. If you are also facing a bank error or bank transactions won’t download error, this article can help you in resolving the error conveniently. You can also connect with our QuickBooks Support department if you are not sure about performing the solution steps manually. For basic steps to download transactions from QuickBooks, you can also visit: Download Bank Feed Transactions.
How To Resolve Banking Error Manually?
Steps to resolve banking error in QuickBooks Desktop are as given below:
Step 1: Manually download your latest transactions
If you see that the download got stuck or cancelled, or you want to download the latest transactions, you need to perform a manual download.
- Run QuickBooks and from the main menu, choose Banking.
- Choose Transactions and then click on Update.
Doing this will automatically update each bank and credit card accounts added to QuickBooks. If any additional authentication is required, you have to follow the onscreen prompts. This is not mandatory for all banks.
You can keep working on the QuickBooks Company File while the update is processing. You should receive a notification once the update is done. You will get an increased number of transactions in the blue account if new transactions are downloaded by QuickBooks.
In QuickBooks, your latest transactions are downloaded every night at 10 PM PT. Most of the banks send transactions to QuickBooks to download one day after the day they post to the bank.
Step 2: Check your bank’s website
Slow download can also be a result of some issues occurring at your bank level. You are required to log into your bank account to check it.
First, get the URL from QuickBooks:
- From the Banking menu or Transactions menu.
- ChooseAdd Account. (No account will be added, you will just require the listed URL).
- Search for your bank and select it.
- Copy the URL listed in the window.
- Log into your bank account using correct username and password. Note: Ensure that your Financial Institution is listed in QuickBooks Desktop.
If you have successfully logged into the bank account, you have done half of your task.
- Go through your account messages, notifications, or alerts. If you get any prompt or any sign in issue shows up, there are chances that QuickBooks Desktop can block latest transactions.
- Look out for any announcement on your bank’s website regarding new security requirements.
- Now, run QuickBooks and from the Banking menu, go to Transactions.
- Choose the blue tile for the bank account.
- Click on Update.
If you make changes on your bank’s website, update your bank info in QuickBooks
If any update is done on your bank’s website, such as the account number, username, or password
- Click on the blue type for the bank account. Click on Edit ✎ icon to make changes.
- Click on Edit sign-in info.
- Make required changes to the info and save.
Step 3: Fix specific banking errors
There are several QuickBooks errors associated with bank feeds. These errors may occur while downloading new bank transactions. You can go through the following linked articles to get solution for these errors:
Note: You can also report these errors to notify us regarding it. This will allow us to fix the problem at our end.
Technical Help For QuickBooks Banking Errors
The provided solutions should help you in getting rid of the QuickBooks Bank Transaction Won’t Download or any other banking error in QuickBooks. These solutions can also be performed to resolve QuickBooks OL & OLSU Errors. However, if you are still not able to resolve the issue on your own or you require technical assistance, feel free to get connected with our QuickBooks ProAdvisors. You just need to dial our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 to get an instant solution for all your errors and issues.