When you try to run a Financial Exchange with QuickBooks POS, you get the following prompt or error message on your screen:
This application is not allowed to log into this QuickBooks company data file automatically.
You may get this error message because of following causes:
- A user that doesn’t have admin rights is logged into QuickBooks Desktop.
- You are not using the latest version of QuickBooks Desktop or QuickBooks POS.
- Damaged Integrated Applications preference in QuickBooks.
|Before you go to the troubleshooting steps:
Once you make sure these things, you can go to the solution steps provided in this article.
Solution 1. Refresh the Integrated Applications
- Run QuickBooks and from the main menu, go to Edit and then Preferences.
- Choose Integrated Applications and then open the Company Preferences
- If you see multiple applications listed in the tab, choose QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale and then click on Properties.
- Navigate to the Access Rights tab and note down the name you see in Login as field.
- Remove the checkmark from Allow this application to read and modify this company file
- Click on OK.
- Follow first four step again but for this time, you have to mark the Allow this application to read and modify this company file checkbox
- Under the Login as field, you need to choose the same name you used earlier and then select OK.
- Try to process the financial exchange again in the QB Point of Sale.
Solution 2. Refresh communication between QuickBooks Desktop and Point of Sale
- Run QuickBooks Desktop and QuickBooks Point of Sale.
- First, go to the File menu of QuickBooks Point of Sale and choose Preferences > Company > Financial
- Remove checkmark from the Use with QuickBooks Financial Software checkbox and save changes.
- Now go to the Edit menu of QuickBooks Desktop and choose Preferences, then select Integrated Applications.
- Navigate to the Company Preferences
- Choose QuickBooks Point of Sale and then select Remove.
- You will get a Remove this application warning box. Click on Yes and then OK.
- Go back to QuickBooks Point of Sale application and then from main menu, go to Financial > Financial Center > Set Up QuickBooks Connection.
- Follow the onscreen Connection Wizard prompts to finish the setup.
- Process your financial exchange in QuickBooks Desktop.
Technical Help For QuickBooks Desktop
The provided solutions should be helpful for you in resolving the Error: Application Is Not Allowed To Automatically Log Into QuickBooks Company File and the financial exchange should be processed in QuickBooks Point of Sale without any issue. However, if the error couldn’t get resolved manually, or you need any kind of help with the process, you can get in touch with our technical support department by dialing our toll-free QuickBooks Support Phone Number +1800-324-6955 and get your issues resolved.