The security certificate gets automatically added automatically after exporting from QuickBooks Online. However, sometimes there can be some instances when the security certificate doesn’t get added automatically so you have to do it manually. This article will provide you the full-fledge procedure to add QuickBooks Desktop Security Certificate manually. You can also get in touch with us at Intuit QuickBooks Support to avail the technical support services from the certified ProAdvisors of Intuit.
The security software is very essential as it stores the information to protect data or establish secure network connections. Some of the steps to add Security Certificate in QuickBooks Desktop:
Step 1: Locate The File
- Go to the Desktop and right-click on QuickBooks icon
- From the drop-down list, select Properties
- From the Shortcut tab, select Open File Location
- Click on OK
Note: The location can also be accessed manually by going into the product’s application folder. Remove the Xs and add the year of your QuickBooks software. For more info, get in touch with us at QuickBooks Customer Service Phone Number +1800-324-6955 toll-free.
- Pro, Premier, or Premier Accountant: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks 20XX
- Enterprise or Enterprise Accountant: C:\Program Files (x86)\Intuit\QuickBooks Enterprise Solutions XX.0
Step 2: Install The Certificate
- Open the Windows Explorer by pressing Win + E keys
- Navigate folder where the Application file is located
- Right click on the application and select Properties from the drop-down list
- Go to the Digital Signature tab and select the an entry from the Signature list field
- Click on Details
- Click on View Certificate. The Certificate window opens up on the screen.
- From the Certificate window, go to General tab
- Select Install Certificate
- The Certificate Import Wizard screen will appear on your screen
- Make sure that the Store Location is on Current User
- Click on Next
- On the Certificate Store window, Windows already selected the certificate store based on the type of certificate. Select Next, then Finish.
- You’ll get a confirmation message that the import was successful
- Click on OK
Note: For the remaining Security Certificates, you need to perform 2-6 steps again
Get Instant Technical Support For QuickBooks
The provided steps will allow you to add QuickBooks Desktop Security Certificate manually if it wasn’t automatically after exporting from QuickBooks Online then there are possibilities that the export process was not done appropriately. In such scenarios, you need to get in touch with the QuickBooks Technical Support +1800-324-6955 to resolve your QuickBooks issues.